How to make Padsicles- for the postpartum mama!
Padsicles are a frozen postpartum pad for your sore lady bits after a vaginal birth and are super easy to make. Here are easy step-by-step instructions to make your own.
If you are planning on having a vaginal birth make these padsicles before baby is born and place them in your freezer so you will have them all ready come postpartum. Having these padsicles will help aid in your recovery and they are a super nice relief! All of these ingredient have really nice healing properties and you will be so glad you have them!
You will need the following supplies:
Heavy flow pads or adult diapers. I prefer organic cotton, try to avoid anything with fragrance.
Aloe Vera. The real stuff that comes from plants!
Witch Hazel, unscented. And make sure it has NO alcohol (ouch!)
Lavender essential oil
Ziplock Bag(s)- to hold your pad stash in the freezer
Padsicle Step-by- Step
1. Unfold your pad- carefully unfold your pad and keep the paper intact because you will need to put them back together.
2. Put Witch Hazel and 15 drops or so of Lavendar essential oil in a spray bottle and give a little shake.
3. Spray the pad and saturate with a good amount about 3-4 tablespoons.
Note: Don't worry about exact measurements
4. Apply about two tablespoons of aloe onto the pad
5. Refold your pad and put back together as best you can.
6. Put your pads or adult diapers in a Ziploc bag(s) and pop in the freezer.
7. When you are ready to use, simply remove the pad from the freezer and let it thaw a bit and use them as you would a regular pad.
Mama's who have already had a vaginal birth, I want to know did you make and use these? Did you find them helpful?